A common name for the Communist Information Bureau, an international Communist organization that existed from 1947 to 1956. The official name of the organization was the Information Bureau of the Communist and Workers’ Parties. The Cominform was headquartered first in Belgrade, Yugoslavia and then, from 1948 on, in Bucharest, Rumania. It published a newspaper called For Lasting Peace, for People’s Democracy! The Cominform was dissolved in April 1956, following a decision by the Central Committee of the CPSU.